ROLAND GAIA-SH-01 Analogue Modelling Synthesizer
The GAIA SH-01 uses a trio of virtual analog engines - each with its own dedicated oscillator, filter, amplifier, envelope, and LFO - to conjure massive tones that would make you swear you're playing a vintage synth. But the cool thing is that this baby is thoroughly modern, giving you vintage flavor and the conveniences afforded by the latest technology. There are no menus to navigate and no pages to scroll through, just analog-style knobs and faders that drive the synth engines.
The GAIA SH-01 gives you a ton of effects (reverb, distortion, fuzz, bit crash, flanger, phaser, pitch shifter, low boost, and delay) to take your sonic explorations even further. and with 64 voices of polyphony, expansive synthing (sans note dropout) is at your fingertips. When combined, all of these elements come together to create massive sound, packed into an extremely lightweight chassis. How lightweight? The GAIA SH-01 weighs less that 10 lbs., making it easy to take your sound with you. Plus, you can run the GAIA SH-01 on battery power. How cool is that?
And no synth would be complete without a solid arpeggiator. Just hold down a single key and let it work its magic! Plus, you can record your creations - along with the movements of the knobs and sliders - by using the onboard phase recorder. Use the USB port to plug the GAIA SH-01 into a computer to send and transmit MIDI data, or store your patches and phrases (recorded with the phrase recorder) to a USB memory stick. Integrate the GAIA SH-01 with external devices, such as MP3 players, via the EXT input and play along with your favorite songs or backing tracks - great for practice and performance.
And the GAIA SH-01 is perfect for newcomers to synthesis. The SH-01's front panel puts every control right at your fingertips. The logically laid out front panel shows the signal path from left to right, helping beginners understand synthesis. Experienced players will dig the instant gratification of hands-on control.
Once Again, Roland Innovates the Synth, with the GAIA SH-01!
- 3 virtual analog engines onboard, each with a dedicated oscillator, a filter, an amplifier, an envelope, and an LFO
- Layer up to 5 simultaneous effects, including distortion, flanger, delay, reverb, low boost, and more
- 64-voice polyphony
- Hands-on control panel
- Lightweight, compact body
- 37 full-size keys
- Runs on AC or battery power
- D Beam, arpeggiator, and phrase recorder onboard
- USB ports for saving user patches to USB flash drives, and for audio/MIDI connection to computers
- Sound Engine Type(s): Analog Modeling, ROM
- Number of Keys: 37
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel, D Beam
- Polyphony: 64 Notes
- Number of Presets: 64
- Expansion: No Expansion
- Number of Effects: 9
- Effects Types: Reverb, Delay, Flanger, Distortion
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Sampling: No
- Audio Playback: USB Thumb Drive
- MIDI Sequencer: No Sequencer
- USB: 1 x MIDI, 1 x Audio Playback/Saving Patches, etc.
- Number of Audio Inputs: 0
- Audio Input Types: No Audio Inputs
- Number of Audio Outputs: 3
- Audio Output Types: 2 x TS, 1 x TRS (Headphone)
- Number of Digital Inputs: 0
- Digital Input Types: No Digital Inputs
- Number of Digital Outputs: 0
- Digital Output Types: No Digital Outputs
- MIDI I/O: In, Out, and USB
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x Pedal
- Height: 3.94"
- Width: 27.19"
- Depth: 12.5"
- Weight: 9.31 lbs.
- Power Supply: 8 x AA Batteries Not Included, DC 9 V Included
- Manufacturer Part Number: SH-01